Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Up and coming trends for 2009

Since the new year will soon be upon us, I thought I'd take some time each week to look into the upcoming design/decor trends for 2009 that have been shared via Elle Decor's Trend Forecast for the coming year.

As should be the case for everyone, some of these trends don't blend well with my personal taste in decorating. I'll share those ones as well. I'm not that petty when it comes to my inspiration! ;)

Mustard and Plum colors
These colors are pleasing in certain palates, and frightening in others. I don’t think I can get on board with this one…a lot of it reminds me of something I recall from the Laura Ashley colors of the 80’s. Can’t quite put my finger on it.

Caravan
The trend under the "caravan" moniker concerns pieces that have bold prints, color, as well as Russian/USSR-styled objects and pieces. These pretty canisters can be used for holding dried flowers or branches, or even spare change.


I loooove this chair, possibly tucked into a corner of a modern library under a good reading light.

I'll share more trends next week, so keep your eyes open for something that might inspire you, too!

(All photos are courtesy of Elle Decor's Design Trend Forecast 2009 article found here.)

1 comment:

call out to said...

for the mustard and plum bedspread, who produces them? I'd love to buy one! it's just what i'm looking for!